Where does the new legislation apply?
The Fire Safety Order 2005 applies to virtually all premises and covers nearly every type of building, structure and open space. For example:
- offices and shops
- factories and warehouses
- hotels and hostels (premises providing sleeping accommodation)
- residential care premises
- educational premises
- community halls
- common areas of houses in multiple occupation
- pubs, clubs and restaurants
- open air events (inc tents and marquees)
- healthcare premises
- transport premises and facilities
But it excludes purely domestic premises occupied by a single family group.